Registration Period: Feb 2024 to Mar 2024|
Urban Vertical Farming & Gardening (Short Course)
Explore ways of growing plants in small spaces for amenity or as a crop. Vertical farming is a logical and effective way of growing vegetables, fruits and herbs in urban areas not only for personal needs, but also as a small commercial farm.
Time & Location
Registration Period: Feb 2024 to Mar 2024
About the event
The objective of the course is to introduce participants on how vertical urban farm can create a sustainable and affordable food source and they will learn how technology can drive farming effortless and increase yields to create a profitable urban farm. They will also find out how they can transform under-utilised spaces such as courtyards, building rooftops and stark urban landscapes into a highly productive farm with close to zero carbon emission.
Basic farming knowledge, techniques and maintenance processes will be discussed.
Participants will learn to use soil farming techniques such as regenretive soil in vertically stacked layers and enjoy hands-on session during the course.
- Organic Gardening Principles
- How vertically growth system works and explain its benefits
- How to operate and maintain a vertical farming system
- Farming practices that focus on nutrient management for maximising soil health and productivity will also help lock carbon into the farm.
- Growing Medium (what soil type)
- Growing Method (from seeding to harvesting)
- Pest Management (how to ensure your crops are protected and healthy)
- Acquire germination and transplanting skills through hands-on
- The importance of leveraging technology to streamline processes. Photovoltaic (PV) system, auto irrigation, IoT sensors to monitor parameters.
This course has been developed as a starting point for:
- Home gardeners seeking to grow their own food vertically.
- Community gardeners seeking to optimise the production from limited space.
- Owners seeking to create greener, healthier spaces in their residential, commercial and public places.
- People interested in building their own urban vertical farm.
09:00AM to 17:00 PM
20 Feb 2024 to 25 Mar 2024
Mode of Training:
Course Fee Payment Mode:
You can use online Paypal/Credit or Debit Card , Interbank Transfer.
For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. 202123637Z and indicate the invoice/registration number.
1. How does it work?
At the end of each lesson, you will be given a short interactive test to undertake, which will provide an indication of how your learning is progressing. Upon completing the very last lesson, you will be offered a more thorough automated test or examination. This final assessment can be undertaken at any time of day or night; and any day of the week; and if you achieve an overall pass (60% or more); you will be able to obtain a “certificate of completion” with your name and completion date on it.
2. Will I receive any training materials?
Yes, you will receive digital copies (pdf) of step-by-step guides and your trainer will teach you how to use these guides. You will also receive resources (soil, seeds, fertilisers etc)
3. When is the closing date?
Once all the seats are full , we will close registration
4. How do I register for the class?
Click the quantity drop down button and select the quantity and check-out to complete the registration. Alternatively, you may email to FARMILYSG@gmail.com for group registration.
- Ticket type
Vertical Farming & Gardening
Study vertical gardening online in this short course. Explore ways of growing plants in small spaces for amenity or as a crop. Vertical farming is a logical and effective way of growing vegetables, fruits and herbs in urban areas not only for personal needs, but also as a small commercial farm.Price$300.00